Introducing the Electronic Prescription service (EPS)
The Future of NHS Prescriptions is here
What is the Electronic Prescription Service (EPS)?
- The Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) is a new service provided by the NHS.
- Patients can nominate a pharmacy of their choice to receive their prescription electronically directly from their doctor and their medication can be delivered to them without them ever having to visit a pharmacy.
- The nomination can be changed to another pharmacy at anytime.
- The service is provided at no extra cost and has transformed the way prescriptions are now received and dispensed by pharmacies.
- The service is completely free to use, confidential and is provided via the secure NHS network.
What are the benefits of EPS?
- The major benefits of the service are time savings and added convenience.
- In many cases we will have received your prescription before you step foot outside of your doctors surgery giving our pharmacists more time to prepare your prescription for delivery.
- Your medications can be delivered securely to a location of your choice for FREE saving you the hassle of waiting in a long queue at the pharmacy for your medication.
- The service can be used for both repeat NHS prescriptions and one off NHS prescriptions.
Is the service available to everyone?
- Most GP surgeries now have the EPS technology installed but it is expected that the service will be rolled out across all surgeries soon. Even if your surgery doesn’t have the technology installed we recommend nominating us now to save time when the service is introduced.
- Nominate us to have your NHS prescriptions sent to us electronically and have your medicines delivered to your door. If you sign up to our repeat prescription service you will be automatically registered with EPS. Alternatively if you would like to nominate us by phone please call our customer services team on 0000 000 0000. Please note the service is currently only available in England.